Who we are
GINKGO are a professional and highly experienced horticultural and landscaping business, having served London and the South East for over a quarter of a century.
We now employ over 80 staff and take great pride in the fact we have served over 5,500 private clients, businesses and organisations. Since our inception in 1990 we have designed over a thousand gardens and carried out over 15,000 projects.
Our range of services include:
* Garden Design and Build
* Landscape construction
* Turfing real and artificial
* Enhancement planting
* Planting design
* Contract Maintenance
* Tree Surgery
We have a nursery in Chobham where we grow over 20,000 plants each year for our clients.
Our head office is based in Victoria.
- Award winning, imaginative designs.
- Methodical construction from experienced craftsmen.
- Systematic maintenance carried out by qualified horticulturists.
- Proven track record over 25 years.
Why choose us
If you are looking for horticultural professionals with experience, knowledge and skills, look no further than the team here at Ginkgo Gardens.
Not only are our experts great at what they do, but are also passionate about their work. We combine our strengths to achieve the very best results for our customers.
Whether you require a complete garden makeover, new landscape construction, maintenance or a simple terrace tidy-up service, you can have the peace of mind that our reliable and professional team will complete your gardening project to the highest of standards.
- Horticultural professionals with a wide range of experience, knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about gardening, plants and landscape construction.
- Close-knit team of reliable, professional and dedicated gardening experts.
- We seek to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
Ginkgo Gardens has designed and built award-winning gardens at the Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows with medals of all colours.
- In 1984, Anthony Challis, founder and Managing Director of Ginkgo, was part of the Gold medal team at Chelsea Flower Show, also winning Best in Show.
- In 1991 we built the Silver Gilt winning garden for The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- In 2005 and 2006 we designed and built medal winning gardens for the Charity, Independent Age, the second of which being dismantled and rebuilt at a Nursing home in Brighton.
Ginkgo Gardens is dedicated to providing professional and sustainable gardening services. We understand the importance of working in an environmentally friendly manner and therefore always take the time to consider the effect landscape enhancements can have on the surrounding environment.
We are proud to be ISO 14001 accredited , a testament to our sustainable gardening services and strict environmental policy.
We work towards these high standards to make sure we minimise any potentially negative effects of our operations and achieve sustainable solutions that better the environment.
Our standards are regularly reviewed and improved to ensure we are complying with the latest laws, regulations and environmental requirements.
Waste Management and Recycling
A Green Gardening Company
Here at Ginkgo Gardens we ensure that our staff has the necessary training, qualifications and experience to achieve the best gardening and landscaping results for our clients.
We take training very seriously and understand that it not only helps employees to carry out their jobs to a higher standard, but also allows them to get more enjoyment out of their work.
Ginkgo Gardens provides each employee with the opportunities to develop their skills and further their careers by offering training courses, advice and management programmes.
Our more experienced staff love working with new members of the team, sharing their knowledge and even learning a new thing or two themselves!
More recently we have begun developing a new apprenticeship scheme for Housing Association residents and other local people. We have been working closely with the horticultural charity, Groundwork, to provide training and education that will allow individuals to better the environment around them and the community as a whole.